The idea for this card was born when I created one of the cards for my recent Christmas Card Camp. On the one card for the camp, we used a small piece of Clear Tinsel Trim as a hanger for one of the ornaments. To keep the hanger from being too fuzzy, we trimmed some of the clear tinsel off. As I was trimming, I thought I should be able to use the tinsel trimmings as snow in a shaker card. So, I designed this card. Enjoy!
- Tags til Christmas, page 24 of Holiday Mini, Clear - $22.95, Wood - $30.95
- Teeny Tiny Wishes, page 157, $36.95
- Baja Breeze 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 167, $6.95
- Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 169, $8.50
- Baja Breeze Classic Stampin' Pad, page 167, $5.95
- Not Quite Navy Classic Stampin' Pad, page 168, $5.95
- Not Quite Navy Stampin' Write Marker, page 168, $3.50
- 1-3/4" Circle Extra-Large Punch, pages 202-203, $16.95
- Sweet Treat Cups, page 170, $2.95
- Clear Tinsel Trim, page 21 of Holiday Mini, $7.95
- Brayer, page 195, $12.50
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (includes Multipurpose Platform and Standard Cutting Pads), page 204, $99.95
- Northern Flurry Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, page 26 of Holiday Mini, $7.95
- Sticky Strip, page 197, $6.95
1) Cut a piece of Baja Breeze Card Stock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2". Score and fold in half to make card.
2) Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 4 x 5 1/4".
3) Ink up Brayer by rolling it across the open Baja Breeze Ink Pad several times in one direction only.
4) Roll the inked up Brayer across the inside of the top piece of the Northern Flurry Embossing Folder. The top piece is the piece that has the Stampin' Up! and Sizziz logos printed on it.
5) Insert the white card stock rectangle into the folder.
6) Build a sandwich of Multipurpose Platform with Tab 2 open, one of the Standard Cutting Pads, the inked folder with the card stock inside, and the other Standard Cutting Pad. Run through the Big Shot. The background should now be dyed Baja Breeze and the embossed snowflakes should have stayed white!
7) Slide the embossed, colored rectangle into the Circle Punch so a hole will be punched out about 1" from the bottom and 1/2" from the right side. Punch.
8) Ink up the sentiment from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Set with Not Quite Navy Ink and stamp it below the punched out circle.
9) Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 2 1/2" square.
10) Ink up the snowman tag image from the Tags til Christmas Set with the Not Quite Navy Marker brush tip. Be careful not to ink up the words "to:" and "from:" or the bottom circle outline.
11) Stamp the snowman image in the center of the white square.
12) Cut some of the clear tinsel fuzzies from a piece of Clear Tinsel Trim and put them inside a Sweet Treat Cup.
13) Peel the protective backing off the bottom of the Sweet Treat Cup and place the stamped white square on top of it, being careful to center the square on the cup.
14) Place strips of Sticky Strip on either side of the hole on the back side of the embossed and colored white rectangle.
15) Peel off the protective strips and insert the Sweet Treat Cup into the hole. Trim off excess white card stock that sticks out the right side if necessary.
16) Adhere the card front to the Baja Breeze card.
Make sure you roll the Brayer across the ink pad in one direction only. If you roll it back and forth, you will only ink up a small portion of the roller.
I rinse the color off my embossing folder and Brayer by running them under a stream of water in the sink and then allowing them to air dry.
You can hand-deliver a card that uses a Sweet Treat Cup or include it in a larger package. If you want to mail the card by itself, use one our Sweet Treat Padded Envelopes (page 170, $2.95).