I admit it, I'm definitely hooked on Stampin' Up! I even dream about stamping sometimes! Today's card is one that I actually dreamed about and then had to figure out how to actually stamp. It worked out pretty much the way I'd dreamed it. I think it looks very art deco. If you know someone who loves the Wizard of Oz, try making it in green so it looks like the Emerald City. Enjoy!
- Elegant Thank You a la carte stamp, page 20, $6.95
- Wisteria Wonder 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 176, $6.95
- Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 180, $8.50
- Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad, page 176, $5.95
- Brushed Silver 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 181, $7.95
- Whisper White 5/8" Organza Ribbon, page 195, $5.95
- Basic Rhinestones Jewels, page 198, $4.95
- SNAIL Adhesive, page 206, $6.95
- Stampin' Dimensionals, page 206, $3.95
- Sticky Strip, page 206, $6.95
- Grid Paper, page 207, $9.95
- Paper Snips, page 208, $9.95
- Craft Scissors, page 208, $29.95
- Paper Cutter, page 208, $24.95
- Replacement Cutting & Scoring Blades, page 208, $5.95
- Modern Label Punch, page 209, $16.95
- Extra-Large Oval Punch, page 212, $16.95
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (includes Multipurpose Platform and Standard Cutting Pads), page 215, $99.95
- Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folders Set, page 218, $8.95
1) Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 2 x 5 1/8".
2) Use the Modern Label Punch to punch out 12 pieces from scraps of Wisteria Wonder Card Stock.
3) Lay the white rectangle down on the Grid Paper so it is centered along the long side with the top edge on the horizontal line in the center of the Grid Paper.
4) Adhere one of the Modern Label Punch pieces to the white rectangle so it is right in the center horizontally and very close to the top edge.
5) Adhere 5 of the punched out pieces to the right of the center punch. Just barely let them overlap on the right edge of the previous punch and move them each down 1/4" from the previous punch. The lines on the Grid Paper will guide you.
6) Adhere 5 of the punched out pieces to the left of the center punch. Just barely let them overlap the previous punch on the left edge and move them each down 1/4". Again, use the Grid Paper to guide you.
7) Adhere the final Modern Label punched out piece over the center punched out piece.
8) Use Paper Snips to trim off the excess punched out pieces hanging off the right, left, and bottom edges of the white rectangle.
9) Cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder Card Stock to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8".
10) Adhere the white rectangle with the punched out pieces on it to the top of the Wisteria Wonder rectangle.
11) Adhere a piece of Whisper White Organza Ribbon to the rectangles to cover the seam.
12) Cut a piece of Brushed Silver Card Stock to 4 x 5 1/4".
13) Adhere the Wisteria Wonder rectangle to the Brushed Silver rectangle.
14) Cut a piece of Wisteria Wonder Card Stock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" using the Paper Cutter.
15) Score the card stock along the 8 1/2" side at 4 1/4" using the Scoring Blade on the Paper Cutter. Fold in half to make card.
16) Adhere the Brushed Silver rectangle to the front of the card.
17) Cut a piece of Brushed Silver Card Stock to 2 1/4 x 3".
18) Insert the Brushed Silver Card Stock into the oval frame Designer Frames Embossing Folder so the oval is centered on the card stock.
19) Build a a sandwich of Multipurpose Platform with Tab 2 open, one Standard Cutting Pad, embossing folder with card stock inside as outlined in step 18, and the other Standard Cutting Pad. Run through the Big Shot.
20) Use the Paper Snips to carefully cut out the embossed oval.
21) Stamp the Elegant Thank You image in Wisteria Wonder Ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.
22) Use the Extra-Large Oval Punch to punch out the sentiment.
23) Adhere the sentiment oval to the inside of the embossed oval image.
24) Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the ovals to the center of the front of the card.
25) Put two of the smallest Basic Rhinestones Jewels on the flourishes above and below the sentiment.
26) Put one of the largest Basic Rhinestones Jewels on the top of the center Modern Label punched out piece.
27) Put medium sized Basic Rhinestones Jewels on top of most of the other Modern Label punched out pieces.
28) Put the smallest Basic Rhinestones Jewels on the two outer Modern Label punched out pieces.
The Grid Paper is awesome for projects like this where you want to line things up evenly. It's also great for protecting your work surface from ink and stray spots of adhesive.
The Elegant Thank You a la carte stamp is retiring on May 31. If you'd like to own this stamp, please be sure to order it soon!
The Paper Cutter on page 208 is being retired in the current configuration. This product is being reconfigured in an improved form and will be available again in the new form in the new catalog effective June 1. If you really prefer the current configuration, please be sure to order the Paper Cutter as soon as you can. Since the Paper Cutter is retiring and is an accessory, it is only available while supplies last or until May 31, whichever comes first.
The Replacement Cutting & Scoring Blades and Replacement Cutting Blade Refills for the Paper Cutter (on page 208) are retiring. Since they are accessories, they are only available while supplies last or until May 31, whichever comes first. If you own the current Paper Cutter and don't plan to replace it any time soon, please be sure to stock up on the replacement cutting and scoring blades before they disappear!