I held my first annual Appreciation Tea last Saturday. Everyone who has been in my Clubs the last two years, been a Hostess the last two years, or is a member of my downline who lives locally received an invitation. I think everyone had a great time! I certainly had fun prepping for the event and creating treats for everyone who attended. I will be publishing more details on the event over the next few days.
Today's post, though, is about one of the party favors I made for everyone. I got the idea for these adorable paper tea cups from a Demonstrator named Connie Stewart. She has put together a video tutorial on her blog at Connie Stewart's Blog if you are interested. One of the stamp sets I used on these tea cups is a new set called Everything Eleanor that will be available in the new catalog effective June 1. I got it for free just for attending Leadership recently. Each tea cup held a tea bag with a string and tag attached and a small cello bag that filled with some retired accessories (buttons, brads, ribbon scraps, metal edge tags, etc.).
Here's a closer look at one of the tea cups:
- Tea Shoppe, page 19 of Occasions Mini, Clear - $27.95, Wood - $34.95
- Everything Eleanor, available June 1
- Calypso Coral 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 176, $6.95
- Riding Hood Red 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 179, $6.95
- Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 180, $8.50
- Calypso Coral Classic Stampin' Pad, page 176, $5.95
- Riding Hood Red Classic Stampin' Pad, page 179, $5.95
- 3" x 5" Cellophane Bags, page 181, $3.95
- Riding Hood Red 3/8" Pleated Satin Ribbon, page 12 of Occasions Mini, $6.95
- Calypso Coral Baker's Twine, page 35 of Occasions Mini, $2.95
- Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack, page 7 of Sale-A-Bration Brochure, free with qualifying purchase
- SNAIL Adhesive, page 206, $6.95
- Stampin' Dimensionals, page 206, $3.95
- Sticky Strip, page 206, $6.95
- Anywhere Glue Sticks, page 206, $3.95
- Bone Folder, page 207, $6.95
- Paper-Piercing Tool, page 207, $3.50
- Paper Snips, page 208, $9.95
- Craft Scissors, page 208, $29.95
- Paper Cutter, page 208, $24.95
- Replacement Cutting & Scoring Blades, page 208, $5.95
- Extra-Large Tag Punch, page 209, $16.95
- 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, page 210, $16.95
- 1-1/4" Circle Punch, page 212, $15.95
- 1-3/8" Circle Punch, page 212, $15.95
- 2-1/2" Circle Punch, page 212, $16.95
- 1/16" Circle Handheld Punch, page 212, $8.95
- stapler with staples
- tea bags
- treats for cello bag
1) Cut a piece of Calypso Coral Card Stock to 3 1/2 x 8 1/4".
2) Score one long edge at 3/8" using the Scoring Blade on the Paper Cutter.
3) Randomly stamp medium size flower image from the Everything Eleanor Set all over the card stock using Calypso Coral Ink.
4) Fold the card stock along the score line and then use Paper Snips to cut notches all along the scored flap to make it easier to roll the card stock into a tube.
5) Place a strip of Sticky Strip along one short edge of the card stock.
6) Roll the card stock into a tube and adhere the ends together with the Sticky Strip.
7) Punch two circles from a piece of Calypso Coral Card Stock using the 2-1/2" Circle Punch.
8) Put adhesive all over one side of one circle using the Anywhere Glue Sticks.
9) Adhere the circle to the bottom of the tube making sure that all the flaps are tucked inside the tube. Use the Bone Folder to help press the flaps to the bottom circle from inside the cup.
10) Put adhesive all over one side of the other circle using the Anywhere Glue Sticks.
11) Insert the circle, adhesive side down, into the cup and press into place using the Bone Folder.
12) Cut a piece of Pleated Satin Ribbon to 8 1/4".
13) Put adhesive all along one side of the ribbon using the Anywhere Glue Sticks.
14) Wrap the ribbon around the bottom of the cup and press in place. Let the ends overlap slightly along the seam in the body of the cup.
15) Cut a strip of card stock from Calypso Coral Card Stock to 3/4 x 5".
16) Score one end of the card stock strip at 3/4" using the Scoring Blade on the Paper Cutter.
17) Fold the flap down and put a small piece of Sticky Strip on the inside.
18) Adhere the top of the strip to the cup along the seam by pressing the flap to the inside of the cup.
19) Use the Paper-Piercing Tool to curl the end of the strip by wrapping it around the handle of the tool.
20) Put a small piece of Sticky Strip on the back side of the strip where the curl begins.
21) Adhere the bottom of the strip to the cup along the seam. Be sure to allow the strip to bulge out a bit along the top like a handle.
22) Stamp the medallion image from the Everything Eleanor Set in Riding Hood Red Ink onto a scrap of Riding Hood Red Card Stock.
23) Punch out the medallion image using the 2-3/8" Scallop Circle Punch.
24) Punch a circle from a scrap of Calypso Coral Card Stock using the 1-3/8" Circle Punch.
25) Stamp the medium flower image from the Everything Eleanor Set in Calypso Coral Ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.
26) Stamp the sentiment from the Tea Shoppe Set in Riding Hood Red Ink in the center of the flower image.
27) Use the 1-1/4" Circle Punch to punch out the flower.
28) Adhere the circles together and then to the center of the medallion image.
29) Place two Stampin' Dimensionals in a line straight up and down the center of the back of the medallion.
30) Peel the protective backing from the Dimensionals and adhere the medallion to the front of the cup.
31) Stamp the sentiment from the Tea Shoppe Set in Calypso Coral Ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.
32) Punch out the sentiment using the Extra-Large Tag Punch.
33) Cut a piece of Riding Hood Red Card Stock to 1 1/2 x 1 3/4".
34) Adhere the tag to the piece of Riding Hood Red Card Stock and use the Paper Snips to trim the corners along the top to make a tag shape.
35) Cut a piece of Baker's Twine about 5" long.
36) Fold one end of the Baker's Twine back up and staple the folded end to the top of the tag.
37) Use the 1/16" Circle Punch to punch a hole in the top corner of the tea bag.
38) Thread the other end of the Baker's Twine through the hole in the tea bag and tie in a knot.
39) Place the tea bag inside the cup and allow the string and tag to hang outside.
40) Place treats inside a cellophane bag.
41) Tie a small piece of Calypso Coral 1/8" Organdy Ribbon from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack around the top of the bag to cinch it closed.
42) Place the bag of treats in the cup.
Try to adhere the Sticky Strip as close as possible to one short edge of the stamped card stock for the cup body. Then, try to adhere the two ends together so they only overlap to the width of the Sticky Strip for best results.
I found it was easier to roll the card stock into a tube if I bent it slightly with my fingers first.
Adding ribbon to the bottom of the cup makes it prettier and helps to hide any imperfections along the base.
I repeatedly punched the top corner of the tea bag with the 1/16" Circle Punch to make a hole big enough to easily thread the Baker's Twine through.
Be careful not to punch inside the pouch area of the tea bag though or the tea leaves might get out when steeping your tea.
If you want to remember what flavor of tea bag was used, write the name of the tea on the back of the tag in pencil.
If you prefer the look of the yellow cups I made, then substitute So Saffron and Baja Breeze Card Stocks, Inks, and Pleated Satin Ribbon. I used Pool Party Baker's Twine on the tea bags and Baja Breeze 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon to tie the cello bags shut.
If you prefer the pink cups, then substitute Pretty in Pink and Pear Pizzazz Card Stocks, Inks, and Pleated Satin Ribbon. I used Lucky Limeade Baker's Twine on the tea bags and Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon to tie the cello bags shut.