This week's card looks a lot like last week's, but it is different! It's another great way to use up scraps of Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty Designer Series Paper. This one could also be used as a Christmas card with a change of sentiment and a couple of punches, but I'm using it as a birthday card for a friend with a birthday right near Christmas. Enjoy!
- Sweets for the Sweet, page 65, Clear - $18.95, Wood - $25.95
- Perfect Punches, page 140, Clear - $17.95, Wood - $24.95
- Real Red 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 177, $6.95
- Very Vanilla 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 180, $8.50
- Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad, page 177, $5.95
- 3" x 5" Cellophane Bags, page 181, $3.95
- Holly Berry Bouquet Specialty Designer Series Paper, page 20, $12.95
- Real Red 5/8" Satin Ribbon, page 195, $8.95
- Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon, page 195, $5.95
- SNAIL Adhesive, page 206, $6.95
- Stampin' Dimensionals, page 206, $3.95
- Sticky Strip, page 206, $6.95
- Paper Snips, page 208, $9.95
- Craft Scissors, page 208, $29.95
- Paper Cutter, page 208, $24.95
- Replacement Cutting & Scoring Blades, page 208, $5.95
- 1" Circle Punch, page 212, $10.95
- Extra-Large Oval Punch, page 212, $16.95
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (includes Multipurpose Platform and Standard Cutting Pads), page 215, $99.95
- Designer Frames Textured Impressions Embossing Folders Set, page 218, $8.95
1) Cut a piece of Real Red Card Stock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" using the Paper Cutter.
2) Score the card stock along the 8 1/2" side at 4 1/4" using the Scoring Blade on the Paper Cutter. Fold in half to make card.
3) Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Card Stock to 4 x 5 1/4".
4) Cut three strips of designer paper with the glittery red dots pattern to 1 1/4 x 3 1/2" each.
5) Lay the dotted designer paper strips on the vanilla rectangle without adhering them to make sure they are evenly spaced and lined up. Adhere them one at a time.
6) Adhere a piece of Real Red Satin Ribbon so it hides the tops of the designer paper strips.
7) Adhere the vanilla/designer paper rectangle to the front of the red card.
8) Place a scrap of Real Red Card Stock inside the oval frame folder of the Designer Frames Embossing Folders Set.
9) Build a a sandwich of Multipurpose Platform with Tab 2 open, one Standard Cutting Pad, Embossing Folder with card stock inside as outlined in step 8, and the other Standard Cutting Pad. Run through the Big Shot.
10) Carefully cut out the embossed oval using Paper Snips.
11) Stamp the birthday sentiment from the Perfect Punches Set onto a scrap of Very Vanilla Card Stock using Real Red Ink.
12) Punch out the sentiment using the Extra-Large Oval Punch.
13) Adhere the sentiment oval to the center of the embossed oval.
14) Adhere the oval to the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals so it is centered over the ribbon on the left side.
15) Stamp the peppermint candy image from the Sweets for the Sweet Set two times onto a scrap of Very Vanilla Card Stock using the Real Red Ink. Remember to reink the stamp each time.
16) Punch out the candy images using the 1" Circle Punch.
17) Cut two strips from the top of a Cellophane Bag using the Paper Cutter. Each strip should be 1 1/8" wide.
18) Open one strip up slightly and adhere one of the candy images inside the strip so it will be between the two layers of cellophane and covering the seam in the strip near the middle.
19) Tie a piece of Real Red 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon around one end of the cellophane strip near the candy image. Trim ends of ribbon.
20) Tie a piece of ribbon around the other end of the cellophane strip near the candy image. Trim ends of ribbon.
21) Cut open the ends of the cellophane strip if desired by cutting along the crease on each end.
22) Repeat steps 18 through 21 with the other cellophane strip and candy image.
23) Adhere one wrapped candy image to the top of the card front using a small piece of Sticky Strip on the back under the candy image.
24) Adhere the other wrapped candy image to the top of the card front using Stampin' Dimensionals on the back under the candy image.
I like to adhere ribbon by cutting a piece slighly longer than my card front is wide. I then wrap the ends around to the back side of the card front and place a piece of Sticky Strip across the ends of the ribbon to hold it in place. Adhering ribbon in this manner uses less ribbon and it lays flatter!
For some reason, red inks can take longer to dry when stamped on Whisper White or Very Vanilla Card Stock than most other inks. So, be sure to allow your red stamped images plenty of time to dry before handling them or the ink may smear.
The Perfect Punches Set is available for 40% off in the Holiday Extravaganza sale! You can get it in Wood-Mount for $14.97 or Clear-Mount for $10.77. The sale ends tonight though, so don't wait to e-mail me with your order!