I love it when an idea I have in my head actually translates well to paper! That's how today's card actually worked! I'd been toying with the idea of using the Blossom Petals Punch and the Red Glimmer Paper with the Ornate Blossom and then I saw a gorgeous card done by a Demonstrator named Irina. She used the Heart to Heart Punch to add some layers to her Ornate Blossom. I decided to try combining all these ideas and voila! Enjoy!
- Ornate Blossom, page 99, normally $9.95, but available FREE during Sale-A-Bration with qualifying order
- A Word for You, page 158, Clear - $16.95, Wood - $21.95
- Brights Assortment 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 166, $6.95
- Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 169, $8.50
- Red Glimmer Paper, page 7 of Occasions Mini, $3.95
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Stampin' Pad, page 166, $5.95
- Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad, page 166, $5.95
- VersaMark Pad, page 195, $7.50
- Sponge Daubers, page 195, $10.95
- Brights Designer Buttons, page 186, $8.95
- Glimmer Brights Brads, page 31 of Occasions Mini, $4.95
- Heart to Heart Extra-Large Punch, pages 202-203, $16.95
- Blossom Petals Extra-Large Punch, page 12 of Occasions Mini, $16.95
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (includes Multipurpose Platform and Standard Cutting Pads), page 204, $99.95
- Framed Tulips Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, page 28 of Occasions Mini, $7.95
- Stampin' Dimensionals, page 197, $3.95
- Mini Glue Dots, page 197, $4.95
1) Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 2 5/8 x 3 1/4".
2) Ink up the Ornate Blossom stamp with the VersaMark Pad and then with the Pumpkin Pie Ink Pad.
3) Set the rubber edge of the inked up stamp down on the open Real Red Ink Pad and roll the stamp around. This is a technique called Rock & Roll and will add a little red ink to the edges of your image.
4) Stamp the image in the center of the white rectangle.
5) Clean the stamp.
6) Ink up the Ornate Blossom stamp again with VersaMark Ink and then Pumpkin Pie Ink.
7) Get some ink from the Real Red Ink Pad on a Sponge Dauber and then pounce the inked up dauber around on the center of the inked up stamp.
8) Stamp the image on a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.
9) Insert the stamped card stock into the Blossom Petals Punch and punch out the center of the flower with the large petal.
10) Use scissors to trim the bottom of the image.
11) Use the Heart to Heart Punch to punch 4 tall, skinny hearts from Red Glimmer Paper.
12) Adhere the glimmer paper hearts behind the flower center punched out piece so the tops of the hearts overlap each other and just peek out the top.
13) Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the punched flower center to the center of the stamped flower image.
14) Cut a piece of Real Red Card Stock to 2 3/4 x 3 3/8" and adhere it behind the stamped flower image as a mat.
15) Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 4 x 5 1/4".
16) Insert the white rectangle into the Framed Tulips Embossing Folder so that the edges line up with the outlined embossing image on the smaller back flap of the folder.
17) Build a sandwich of Multipurpose Platform with Tab 2 open, one Standard Cutting Pad, Embossing Folder with card stock inside, and the other Standard Cutting Pad. Run through the Big Shot.
18) Remove the card stock from the folder and carefully trim the edges of the card stock right up to the bottom of the embossed scallops.
19) Cut a piece of Real Red Card Stock to 4 x 5 1/4". Use it to mat the embossed white rectangle.
20) Cut a piece of Pumpkin Pie Card Stock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2". Score and fold in half to make card.
21) Adhere the matted, embossed rectangle to the card front.
22) Adhere the matted flower image to the center of the white rectangle.
23) Cut a strip of Pumpkin Pie Card Stock to 1/2" wide and about 3" long.
24) Ink up the sentiment from the A Word for You Set in Real Red Ink and stamp it near the center of the orange strip.
25) Trim the right end of the stamped sentiment strip into banner points using scissors. Trim the left end if necessary so it will be hidden under the button.
26) Curl the sentiment strip slightly by pulling it through your fingers if desired.
27) Adhere the left end of the sentiment strip to the bottom of the flower center.
28) Pry open the prongs of a Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Brights Brad a bit and insert them into the holes in a large, marbled Real Red Designer Button.
29) Bend the ends of the brad prongs back on the back side of the button. If you have a small craft hammer, you might want to lightly tap the ends of the prongs flat.
30) Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere the button to the bottom of the flower center so it hides the left end of the sentiment strip.
Inking up the stamp with VersaMark Ink before applying regular inks with the Rock & Roll technique or with Sponges or Sponge Daubers allows the inks to blend together more easily.
You need to use the Sponge Dauber to add some red ink to the center of the stamp because you can't reach the center using the Rock & Roll technique.
For a great tutorial complete with step-by-step directions and picutres on the Rock & Roll technique, click here.
Our Paper Snips (page 199, $9.95) are excellent for closely trimming images and creating banner points.
Our Glimmer Paper is an awesome way to add some shimmer and shine to your projects with glitter without the usual mess of glitter getting everywhere!
Purchase the supplies you need to make this card and earn FREE Sale-A-Bration items of your choice. One of your choices could be the Ornate Blossom stamp itself!
If you'd like to get lots of ideas for using various items you can earn for FREE during Sale-A-Bration, including the beautiful card by Irina that gave me the idea to use the Heart to Heart Punch on this card, then visit the Sale-A-Bration Challenge being sponsored by Stampin' Up! co-founder Shelli Gardner. Shelli's got her own blog called "So Shelli" and frequently runs contests called "So Shelli.com Creative Challenges." You can find links to all the submissions for the Sale-A-Bration Challenge by clicking here. Enjoy!