Happy Thanksgiving to everyone tomorrow! Be safe as you travel and enjoy your time with friends and family!
This is one of the cards we made at my Club Classes this month featuring glitter. It uses the Dryer Sheet technique and some of our wonderful Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets. Enjoy!
- Filled with Love, page 43 of Holiday Mini, Clear - $16.95, Wood - $22.95
- Pretty in Pink 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 167, $6.95
- Melon Mambo 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 166, $6.95
- Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page169, $8.50
- Big Shot Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, page 17 of Holiday Mini, $14.95
- Melon Mambo Classic Stampin' Pad, page 166, $5.95
- Pretty in Pink Classic Stampin' Pad, page 167, $5.95
- Subtles Assortments Craft Stampin' Spots, page 167, $21.95
- VersaMark Pad, page 195, $7.50
- Heat & Stick Powder, page 196, $4.50
- Powder Pals, page 196, $19.95
- Heat Tool, page 196, $29.95
- Dazzling Diamonds Stampin' Glitter, page 196, $4.50
- Pinking Hearts Border Punch, pages 200-201, $15.95
- Heart Small Punch, page 202, $5.95
- Full Heart Extra-Large Punch, pages 202-203, $16.95
- Clear Tinsel Trim, page 21 of Holiday Mini, $7.95
- Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (includes Multipurpose Platform and Standard Cutting Pads), page 204, $99.95
- Lots of Love Letterpress Plate, page 42 of Holiday Mini, $7.95
- Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits Die, page 215, $11.95
- Stampin' Dimensionals, page 197, $3.95
- used dryer sheet
1) Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 3 7/8 x 5 1/8".
2) Use the Pretty in Pink Craft Stampin' Spot to ink up the Lots of Love Letterpress Plate by pressing the spot directly onto the plate until it is thoroughly inked.
3) Build a sandwich of Multipurpose Platform with Tab 2 open, inked up letterpress plate, white card stock, and one Standard Cutting Pad. Run through the Big Shot.
4) Carefully remove the white card stock and set it aside to dry.
5) Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 1 3/4 x 3 1/4".
6) Ink up the "LOVE" image from the Filled with Love Set with Melon Mambo Ink and stamp it in the center of the white rectangle.
7) Cover the entire stamped rectangle with VersaMark Ink by pressing the pad directly onto the card stock.
8) Sprinkle Heat & Stick Powder over the entire rectangle. Tap off excess powder and return it to the container.
9) Heat the image with the Heat Tool until the powder just begins to melt. Quickly press the used dryer sheet onto the card stock so it sticks to the melted powder.
10) Trim off excess dryer sheet leaving about 1/4" sticking over the edge on all sides. Trim the corners at an angle so that when you fold the sides in, the dryer sheet will lay flat.
11) Adhere the dryer sheet edges to the back of the rectangle using adhesive.
12) Sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds Glitter on the dryer sheet and rub in place. The fibers of the dryer sheet will help to keep the glitter from rubbing off.
13) Cut a piece of Melon Mambo Card Stock to 2 3/8 x 3 1/2".
14) Punch one long edge of the melon card stock with the Pinking Hearts Border Punch.
15) Adhere the dryer sheet rectangle to the punched melon card stock.
16) Twist a couple of strands of Clear Tinsel Trim together and adhere them so they hide the bottom seam between the dryer sheet and the melon card stock.
17) Stamp the small polka dot heart image from the Filled with Love Set in Pretty in Pink Ink on a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.
18) Punch the heart out with the Heart Small Punch and adhere it to the center of the "o" in "LOVE".
19) Punch a heart shape from the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets using the Full Heart Punch.
20) Cut a scalloped heart shape from a scrap of Pretty in Pink Card Stock using the Big Shot and the Scalloped Heart of Hearts Embosslits Die. The correct sandwich is Multipurpose Platform with Tab 2 open, one Standard Cutting Pad, Embosslits Die with card stock inside, and the other Standard Cutting Pad.
21) Adhere the heart punched from the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet to the center of the scalloped heart die cut.
22) Peel off the protective covering from the Multipurpose Adhesive Sheet and sprinkle on Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. Rub the glitter in with your finger.
23) Cut a piece of Melon Mambo Card Stock to 4 x 5 1/4".
24) Cut a piece of Pretty in Pink Card Stock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2". Score and fold in half to make card.
25) If your white card stock inked with the letterpress plate is dry, adhere it to the Melon Mambo rectangle and then to the card front.
26) Adhere the matted dryer sheet image to the front of the card on the upper left side using Stampin' Dimensionals.
27) Adhere the heart shape to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals so it covers the lower right corner of the dryer sheet image.
For best results with the letterpress plate, you might want to add a shim of thin card board to the top of the sandwich before running it through the Big Shot.
If you don't want to bother with the Big Shot, you can just use the letterpress plate like a big background stamp and just ink it up and press the card stock on top of it yourself. You won't get an impression in the card stock that way, but will get the printed words. It still looks great!
You can speed up the drying of the Craft Ink by heating it with the Heat Tool if you wish.
To keep from burning your fingers while melting the Heat & Stick Powder, place the card stock on a heat proof surface like a stone coaster, a trivet, or a cutting board and hold it in place with the Paper-Piercing Tool or the blades of your scissors.
To protect your Embosslits Die, make sure the side of the die labeled "Place this side down" is facing down. Also, turn the die so that the hinges will go through one at a time.
For a great tutorial on the Dryer Sheet technique, click here.