Here's a fun, quick, and easy little note for anyone going back to school. Enjoy!
- Apple Blossoms Hostess Level 2 Set, page 12, available in Clear or Wood Mount, free with qualifying orders
- Brights Assortment 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 166, $6.95
- Certainly Celery 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 167, $6.95
- Whisper White 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock, page 169, $8.50
- Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad, page 166, $5.95
- Old Olive Classic Stampin' Pad, page 166, $5.95
- Certainly Celery Classic Stampin' Pad, page 167, $5.95
- Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad, page 169, $5.95
- Real Red Stampin' Write Marker, page 166, $3.50
- Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker, page 166, $3.50
- 1-3/4" Circle Extra-Large Punch, pages 202-203, $16.95
- 1-3/8" Circle Large Punch, pages 202-203, $15.95
- 1-1/4" Circle Large Punch, pages 202-203, $15.95
- 3/4" Circle Medium Punch, pages 202-203, $10.95
- 0ld Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon, page 191, $6.95
- Linen Thread, page 190, $4.50
- Brights Designer Buttons, page 186, $8.95
- Brights Brads, page 187, $6.95
- Paper-Piercing Tool, page 198, $3.50
- Mat Pack, page 198, $9.95
- Stampin' Dimensionals, page 197, $3.95
- Mini Glue Dots, page 197, $4.95
- Stampin' Scrub, page 198, $16.95
- Stampin' Mist, page 198, $4.50
1) Cut a piece of Old Olive Card Stock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2". Score and fold in half to make card.
2) Cut a piece of Real Red Card Stock to 4 x 5 1/4".
3) Use the 1-3/8" Circle Punch to punch a hole in the bottom of the red rectangle about 1 1/4" inches in from the left side and as far up from the bottom as the punch will reach.
4) Ink up the block of circles image with Real Red ink and stamp on the bottom of the red rectangle. Repeat all the way across, re-inking the stamp each time and carefully lining up the image. This is tone-on-tone, so it is very faint.
5) Clean the stamp.
6) Ink up the sentiment with Basic Black ink and stamp it just to the right of the punched out circle so it is even with the top of the circle.
7) Adhere a small piece of Old Olive 5/8" Grosgrain Ribbon to the red rectangle so that the ribbon goes through the hole on the right side of the hole and is secured on the back of the card stock. Leave the right edge of the ribbon loose.
8) Tie a piece of Linen Thread around the ribbon cinching it down.
9) Thread the ends of the Linen Thread through a large marbled Real Red button and tie in place. Trim the ends of the Linen Thread.
10) Trim the right end of the ribbon in a "v" notch by pinching the ribbon together with the fold down. Then, cut at a diagonal towards the fold.
11) Use a Mini Glue Dot on the back of the button and ribbon to hold it in place.
12) Ink up the apple image with the Markers. Use the Real Red Marker on the apple and the Old Olive Marker on the stem and leaf.
13) Stamp the apple image onto a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.
14) Clean the stamp.
15) Punch out the apple image using the 1-3/4" Circle Punch.
16) Put adhesive around the hole in the red rectangle on the back side. Center the hole over the apple image and press in place.
17) Ink up the apple image again using Real Red ink.
18) Stamp onto a scrap of Whisper White and cut out the apple.
19) Adhere the cut out apple on top of the stamped apple image using Stampin' Dimensionals.
20) Ink up the large flower image with Old Olive ink and stamp on a scrap of Old Olive Card Stock.
21) Punch out the flower image using the 1-3/8" Circle Punch.
22) Ink up the block of circles image with Certainly Celery ink and stamp on a scrap of Certainly Celery Card Stock.
23) Punch out part of the image with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch.
24) Adhere the celery circle to the left edge of the red rectangle a little below the apple image circle.
25) Adhere the olive circle to the left edge of the red rectangle so it overlaps the celery and apple image circles a bit.
26) Trim off excess celery circle.
27) Adhere the red rectangle to the card front.
28) Ink up the small flower image with Real Red ink and stamp on a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.
29) Punch out the small flower image using the 3/4" Circle Punch.
30) Poke a hole in the middle of the flower using the Paper-Piercing Tool and Mat Pack.
31) Insert an Old Olive Brad and secure on the back of the circle.
32) Use Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the small flower circle to the front of the card so it overlaps the three other circles a bit.
The Apple Blossoms Hostess Level 2 Set is available FREE to anyone who hosts at least a $300 Show. Please contact me to make arrangements for a Home or Book Show!
Stampin' Mist and Stampin' Scrub are the best way to clean your stamps. The Stampin' Mist contains conditioners to keep your stamps from getting dried out and brittle.
Our Clear-Mount Stamps are great for positioning images like the block of circles or sentiments since you can see through the clear block to have a better idea of where you are stamping the image.
It is usually easier to stamp an image first and then punch it out. You can turn our Punches over so you can see where you are punching and make sure that you have an image centered and straight before punching it out.
Be careful when using Real Red ink. This ink does not dry very quickly and will smear easily if you aren't careful. Try to make sure it is completely dry before handling images stamped in Real Red.
Use the thin edge pieces on the sides of the sheets of Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere small things like the 3/4" Circle and apple cut out. Just cut a small piece of the edge off with your scissors.