I made these cute little ladybugs full of retired eyelets to give to my Hostesses and the first to place their orders for the July Clubs. They are really easy to make and so cute! You could fill them with jelly beans, M&Ms, buttons, ribbon, etc.
Just pull gently up on the head to pull up the Tag Punch body so the hole in the backing will be revealed to get the goodies in and out.
To make the ladybug you will need the following supplies:
- red card stock (I used Riding Hood Red)
- Basic Black Card Stock
- Sweet Treat Cups
- 1-3/4" Circle Extra-Large Punch
- 1-1/4" Circle Large Punch
- Extra-Large Tag Punch (formerly Tag Punch)
- Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack
- Sticky Strip
- 2-Way Glue Pen (or Mini Glue Dots)
- wiggly eyes
- Paper Snips
1) Punch a 1 3/4" circle in the middle of a scrap of red card stock.
2) Place a Sweet Treat Cup on top of the punched scrap so the circle in the middle is centered under the treat cup.
3) Trace the outside edge of the treat cup with the pencil.
4) Cut out the circle. You should have a thin ring of red card stock.
5) Put small pieces of Sticky Strip around the top edge of the Sweet Treat Cup lip (not the back side which already has adhesive hidden by the protective ring).
6) Remove the protective backing on the Sticky Strip pieces and lay your ring of card stock on the Sweet Treat Cup lip. Press in place.
7) Punch a 1 1/4" circle in the middle of a scrap of red card stock.
8) Place the Sweet Treat Cup on top of the punched scrap so the circle in the middle is centered under the treat cup.
9) Trace the outside edge of the treat cup with the pencil.
10) Cut out the circle. You should have a thick ring of red card stock.
11) Remove the protective backing from the back side of the Sweet Treat Cup lip and lay your Sweet Treat Cup on the thick ring of card stock so the circle in the middle is centered. Press in place.
12) Punch out a tag shape from a scrap of red card stock.
13) Punch two 1 1/4" circles from a scrap of black card stock.
14) Insert the scrap of black card stock back into the 1 1/4" Circle Punch so you can see a thin edge of black card stock on the side of the previously punched out circle. Punch.
15) Repeat step 14 so you have two thin curving pieces of black card stock.
16) Adhere one of the 1 1/4" black circles to the top of the red tag piece.
17) Adhere the two thin curving black strips to the back of the black circle attached to the tag so a bit of each pokes up at the top of the circle.
18) Adhere the other black circle to the tag to cover the backs of the antenna.
19) Trim the ends of the antenna if desired.
20) Repeat steps 7 through 10.
21) Lay the thick ring of red card stock on your work surface.
22) Place the tag punch over the hole in the middle of the ring.
23) Put small strips of Sticky Strip below the tag and on either side on the red card stock ring.
24) Remove the protective backing from the Sticky Strip pieces and adhere the thick ring to the back of the Sweet Treat Cup.
25) Adhere wiggly eyes to the front of the head with 2-Way Glue Pen or Mini Glue Dots.
26) Punch out 6 small circles from a scrap of black card stock.
27) Adhere them to the top of the Sweet Treat Cup.
28) Gently pull the tag punch out part way by pulling on the head.
29) Fill the Sweet Treat Cup with goodies.
30) Push the tag punch back in place.