I always give my Club Hostesses and the first to place their order for each Club each month an extra goody. This month these lucky ladies are getting an old Hodgepodge Hardware tin that I've decorated with an Ornament Punch Rose. I hope they will enjoy them and that you'll enjoy the directions to make your own Ornament Punch Rose!
- Wings of Friendship Hostess Level 2 Set, page 14, free with qualifying order
- Tempting Turquoise 8 1/2 x 11" Card Stock, page 156, $5.50
- Old Olive 8 1/2 x 11" Card Stock, page 156, $5.50
- Soft Subtles Assorted 8 1/2 x 11" Card Stock, page 157, $7.95
- Whisper White 8 1/2 x 11" Card Stock, page 155, $7.50
- Tempting Turquoise Classic Ink Pad, page 156, $5.95
- Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink Pad, page 156, $5.95
- Ornament Punch, first offered in the Holiday Mini Catalog and still available as a write-in item, $15.95
- 1 3/4" Circle Punch, page186, $15.95
- Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch, pages 10-11 of Occasions Mini, $15.95
- Scallop Oval Punch, pages 186-187, $15.95
- Large Oval Punch, page 186, $15.95
- 3/16" Corner Rounder Punch, page 186, $6.95
- Stamping Sponges, page 192, $3.50
- Stylus, page 188, $2.50
- Certainly Celery 5/8" Satin Ribbon, page 27 of Occasions Mini, $8.95
- Big Shot Die-Cut Machine, page 194, $99.95
- Standard Texturz Impressions Pad, page 194, $5.95
- Standard Texturz Silicone Rubber, page 194, $5.95
- Perfect Details Texturz Plates, page 195, $3.95
- Leaves #2 Originals Die, page 202, $15.95
- Sticky Strip, page 192, $6.95
- tin from Hodgepodge Hardware, page 178, $29.95
1) Remove the sticky label from the front edge of the Hodgepodge Hardware tin by just peeling it off.
2) Cut a piece of Tempting Turquoise Card Stock to 4 3/4 x 6 5/8".
3) Round all four corners with the Corner Rounder Punch.
4) Build a sandwich of Multi-purpose Platform open to Tab 1, Perfect Details Texturz Plate with crosshatch design facing up, turquoise card stock, Silicone Rubber, and Impressions Pad. Run through the Big Shot.
5) Adhere a piece of Certainly Celery Satin Ribbon to the bottom of the texturized turquoise rectangle with Sticky Strip.
6) Add more Sticky Strip to the back of the turquoise rectangle and adhere it to the top of the tin so it covers all the writing.
7) Stamp the sentiment from the Wings of Friendship Set in Tempting Turquoise Ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.
8) Punch out the sentiment with the Large Oval Punch.
9) Punch a scrap of Apricot Appeal Card Stock with the Scallop Oval Punch.
10) Layer the ovals together and adhere them to the top of the tin so they are centered over the ribbon on the right side.
11) Punch out at least 26 shapes from scraps of Apricot Appeal Card Stock using the Ornament Punch.
12) Sponge the edges of each shape on both sides with the Pumpkin Pie Ink.
13) Divide the ornament shapes into 3 piles of 8 plus 2 extra.
14) Curl the first set of 8 ornament shapes very lightly at the edges by wrapping the edges gently around the barrel of the Stylus.
15) Curl the second set of 8 ornament shapes a little bit more by wrapping the edges around the barrel of the Stylus.
16) Curl the last set of 8 ornament shapes around the barrel of the Stylus until they form a "u" shape.
17) Curl the 2 extra ornament shapes very tightly.
18) Punch a scrap of Apricot Appeal Card Stock with the 1 3/4" Circle Punch.
19) Put small pieces of Sticky Strip on the tops of 4 of the least curled ornament shapes.
20) Adhere the ornaments to the circle on all four sides so that the curved tops of the ornaments overlap the edge of the circle just a bit.
21) Adhere the other 4 of the least curled ornaments in the same way, but make sure they are filling in the blank spaces left by the first 4 ornaments.
22) Repeat with the 2nd set of ornament shapes. Overlap the ornaments a little so that you start to get depth to your rose.
23) Repeat with the 3rd set of ornament shapes. Overlap the shapes.
24) Put small bits of Sticky Strip of the tops of the 2 tightly curled ornaments and push them down into the center of your rose.
25) Build a sandwich of Standard Cutting Pad, Leaves #2 Originals Die, scrap of Old Olive Card Stock that fits over the fat curved leaf shape, and Standard Cutting Pad. Run through the Big Shot.
26) Repeat step 25 so you have 2 Old Olive leaves.
27) Adhere the leaves to the bottom of the rose so they stick out to the side just a bit.
28) Punch scraps of Certainly Celery Card Stock with the Extra Large Two-Step Bird Punch so you have several leaf branches.
29) Adhere them to the bottom of the rose so they stick out to the sides.
30) Adhere your rose to the lid of the tin with Sticky Strip.
31) Fill your tin with treats, handmade cards, embellishments, etc.
If you want your textured pattern to be deeper, try adding a shim of thin cardboard (like that which comes packaged with our Designer Papers) to the sandwich on top of the Impressions Pad. Or, you can lightly spray your card stock with water or rubbing alcohol before running it through the Big Shot. Just be sure to let the card stock dry completely before continuing to work with it.
You don't have to sponge the edges of the Ornament Punch shapes if you don't want to, but it does help add some dimension to your rose if you do. Just choose a darker color of the same shade or a complimentary color.
The more punches you add, the fuller your rose will be.
Don't forget that today is the last day to order and earn FREE Sale-A-Bration items! Contact me by 9 p.m. Eastern Time on Weds., March 31 to place an order.