Today's card is really easy and uses a fairly small amount of supplies!
- Voila, page 57, $25.95
- Real Red 8 1/2 x 11" Card Stock, page 156, $5.50
- Whisper White 8 1/2 x 11" Card Stock, page 155, $7.50
- Jackpot Designer Series Paper, page 162, $9.95
- Real Red Classic Ink Pad, page 156, $5.95
- Basic Black Classic Ink Pad, page 155, $5.95
- Real Red Stampin' Write Marker, page 156, $2.95
- So Saffron Stampin' Write Marker, page 157, $2.95
- Circle Scissors Plus, page 191, $29.95
- Glass Mat, page 191, $19.95
- Dotto, page 192, $12.95
1) Cut a piece of Real Red Card Stock to 5 1/2 x 8 1/2". Score and fold in half to make card.
2) Cut a piece of Whisper White Card Stock to 2 x 3".
3) Stamp the sentiment in Real Red Ink in the lower right corner of the white rectangle.
4) Adhere the stamped white rectangle in the lower right corner of the card.
5) Cut a piece of red diamond patterned Jackpot Designer Paper to 3 x 4".
6) Adhere the red Designer Paper to the upper right side of the card.
7) Cut a strip of yellow diamond patterned Jackpot Designer Paper to 1 1/2 x 5 1/2".
8) Adhere the yellow Designer Paper to the left side of the card so that about 1/8" of red card stock shows on the left side.
9) Stamp the chef image in Basic Black Ink onto a large scrap of Whisper White Card Stock.
10) Stamp the cake image in Basic Black Ink onto the chef image so that the cake is positioned on the chef's tray.
11) Put some Dotto on the back of the stamped white card stock and adhere it to the Glass Mat.
12) Set the Circle Scissors Plus to cut a 3" diameter circle. Center the Circle Scissors Plus on the stamped image so that you will cut out the cake image and part of the chef.
13) Remove the protective cover on the blade and insert the blade into the Circle Scissors Plus.
14) Hold the Circle Scissors Plus in place with one hand and apply firm, even pressure to the blade as you rotate it around the circle.
15) Remove the cut out circle and set aside. Throw away remaining scraps of card stock.
16) Put Dotto on the back of a large scrap of Real Red Card Stock and adhere it to the Glass Mat.
17) Set the Circle Scissors Plus to cut a 3 1/4" diameter circle and center it on the red card stock. Cut out a red circle and remove it from the Glass Mat. Throw away the rest of the card stock scraps.
18) Color the chef and cake images with the Markers.
19) Adhere the chef image to the red circle and then to the card front.
Real Red Ink takes a little longer to dry on Whisper White and Very Vanilla Card Stocks than most of our other inks. So, if you are stamping with Real Red Ink, it is a good idea to set the stamped image aside for a few minutes to let it thoroughly dry before working with the image or you might smear the ink.
Dotto is a repositionable adhesive that is perfect to use with the Circle Scissors Plus. It helps hold the card stock in place while you are cutting, but can be easily removed by just rubbing your fingers lightly across the card stock. Dotto is also great for using while designing a card or scrapbook page layout because it will hold your elements in place while you design, but they can easily be moved around and the adhesive removed when you are ready to make the design permanent.
It's a good idea to rotate the Circle Scissors Plus around on your card stock without the blade in place to make sure that you will cut the image you want out and to make sure that you will cut a complete circle.
The Circle Scissors Plus does take a little bit of practice to get used to, but once you are used to it, it cuts circles of any size between 1" and 6" very easily!